England, and so, its Germany in the Last 16


With a sort of grim inevitability, England will play Germany on Sunday. England performed really well to finally get off to winning ways this Afternoon, but as did USA just about, which put England second in the group. A stunning German winner means its the old enemy in the next round. I know, I know. You aren’t looking forward to it. Germany looked fantastic in their opener against Australia, were robbed of at least a draw in the second game, and did enough in the third.
The Germans are not invincible. If we play to our full strength, we’ve got every chance I think. And while there is no team I would hate to be knocked out by, there are fewer teams I’d love to see us beat. Especially on penalties.

Ah yes penalties. Its pretty tempting to conclude that those might come up on Sunday night. How sweet would it be to finally beat the hoodoo against the Germans?
I’m saying lets be realistic, but lets be positive. I mean, what the hell. No-one in this tournament has stood really far out just yet, and maybe we can have a run at it. We’ll probably have Argentina in the next round, and I think that’s winnable. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Its Germany, Sunday, and its not as bad as you think.
We’re unbeaten, and the only goal we’ve conceded was a freak goal. We’ve reasons to be cheerful if we can start playing well as well.

http://england.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/and-so-its-germany-in-the-last-16.html

No comments:

Post a Comment